Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Convention Convergence

Not like most of you will notice, since I'm such an unfaithful blogger, but I will be gone this weekend and unable to post.

It's not often that I stray from my home, especially in pursuit of entertainment or hobbies. So imagine my surprise when there was a bit of wiggle room in the budget that allowed me to attend a convention this year. The only problem was, which one?


This weekend two conferences that I wanted to attend will take place: GenCon in Indianapolis and ChesterCon in St. Louis. And since I haven't yet found a way to viably be in two places at once, I will only be at GenCon. ChesterCon will have to wait for another year.

But if, like me, you're interested in a place where board games and G.K. Chesterton dwell in harmony, check out this curio: Uncle Chestnut's Table Gype (a board game based on a game G.K. Chesterton and H.G. Wells purportedly invented that I'm very curious about). It even won a Mensa award this year. (The T-shirts, by the way, produced by the same company are pretty awesome. These two are my favorites.) The only question: which convention did the game's inventor choose?

1 comment: