Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Back to the Blog

In November 2010, I started a tag for my posts called "excuses." I meant it as a joke to catalog my apologies for when I abandoned the blog for too long. Twelve posts since then have borne this scarlet tag, which, unfortunately makes up 10 percent of my total output on this blog.

Mea culpa.

However, like camptime revivals of old, I am recommitting to this blog--and I hope that it outlasts many of the camptime recommitments of my youth group. The reason I think it will stick this time is that I ended my regular writing commitment for the board game blog iSlaytheDragon at the end of June. (Explanation here.) It's surprising how much energy it takes to write regularly, and now that I've taken a week off, I can devote that energy to new pursuits. One of which is this blog, at least for the time being.



At the start of this year, I made a resolution to post fifty-two blog entries here in 2014. Unfortunately, that optimistic resolution post is just two entries away from this one, so I've got a lot of work in the second half of 2014 if I want to catch up. And I do.

This year has been fairly packed with the birth of a new baby, working, writing, preaching, and getting angry at the Internet. And I've even started and abandoned about fifteen posts already this year.

What I'm saying is I have a practically inexhaustible source of inspiration, and I'm not afraid to use it. (But I might be lazy. We'll see.)

Thanks for reading, and I hope my next post doesn't bear the "excuses" tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment